Lake of the Ozarks is known for summer fun! Whether it is on the water or on land there is lots of fun “Must Do’s” at the Lake. Many people think of the Lake and assume you have to have a boat to have fun. It is actually just the opposite. Well, let me rephrase that… yes, having fun on the water is a lot of fun but there are many more things to do while at the Lake this summer. Here are the top 10 “Must Do’s” at Lake of the Ozarks this summer:
1. Golf! Lake of the Ozarks is one of the premier golfing destinations in the Midwest with over 15 golf courses; the Lake is a must for a golfer. Not only are there lots of courses to choose from, they are all unique and offer something different. The Lake’s golf courses are set in some of the most picturesque settings in the Midwest. Between courses being next to the Lake, on rolling hills, and rock bluffs, these courses will not only amaze you with beauty but challenge your skills as well.
2. Shopping is one activity you can indulge in this summer at Lake of the Ozarks. For holiday or anytime shopping, you’ll find what you’re looking for -or what you didn’t know you needed at the Lake. It’s not unusual for people to come to the Lake strictly to shop! From a major outlet-mall with name brand designer stores to small, unique boutiques, the Lake has it all.
3. Find your style of entertainment! After a day of fun at Lake of the Ozarks, enjoy a night out. Lake-style nightlife includes music galore, karaoke bars, live country, blues, jazz and rock-and-roll bands. The Lake also offers sports bars, tiki bars, mellow lounges and lakeside hangouts, plus romantic moonlight cruises, live opry and comedy clubs. Everyone will find their style of fun!
4. Must see events. There is always something to celebrate at Lake of the Ozarks. This summer you can look forward to the Hot Summer Nights car show series, Canine Cannonball, BroStock professional wakeboarding competition, Aquapalooza, Jacob’s Cave Swapping Days, Fireworks, Lake of the Ozarks Invitational Offshore Super Series Race, Wave Runner Rodeo, The Midwest Wine & Brew Festival, Lake of the Ozarks Shootout and many more this fall. More information on any of these events can be found at www.funlakeevents.com.
5. Water time. Your own boat is always welcome at Lake of the Ozarks. Bring it along and launch it where you are staying or at one of the area’s nine public access ramps. If you don’t have a boat, no problem. There are many marinas around the Lake that offer boat rentals. There really isn’t a reason not to get on the 54,000 acre Lake. If being your own captain is not up your alley, there are many excursion boats or charters you can take to have some fun on the water!
6. Come hungry and leave full! Nearly half of the Lake’s restaurants are located directly on the water or offer a fantastic view of it. Some of the finest cuisine in the Midwest can be savored right here at the Lake. Whether it’s breakfast, lunch, or dinner, your appetite will fare well. With over 200 restaurants in the Lake area you can find gourmet cuisines, Ozark barbecue, buffets, down home cooking, ethnic food and more.
7. Fishing at Lake of the Ozarks is one thing that all fishermen can agree on. With more than 1,150 miles of shoreline and 54,000 acres of water, there is no doubt you will catch some fish. The Lake is loaded with a variety of fish species: largemouth bass, spotted bass, black and white crappie, blue catfish, channel catfish, flathead catfish, white bass, hybrid stripers, paddlefish, walleye and bluegill. Most species can be caught year-round; they just change their habits depending on the season. If you don’t know where to start, call one of the many fishing guides at the Lake to give you a hand.
8. The great outdoors. Lake of the Ozarks is home to two State Parks with one being the largest State Park in Missouri. There are hundreds of trails to explore from easy to moderately strenuous, castle ruins, horseback riding, fishing, boating, caves, parks and much more. Not to mention, the endless beauty of what Lake of the Ozarks is all about. It is such a great way to wind down and enjoy nature.
9. Lots to do with any of our many attractions. For fun on or off the water, the water, the Lake of the Ozarks offers non-stop activity. In addition to our outdoor, marine, golfing and shopping opportunities, the Lake is home to several unique and fun attractions. There are tons of action-packed amusement facilities throughout the Lake area with activities such as go carts, miniature golf, bumper cars, playgrounds, lazer tag, parasailing, horseback riding, water parks, disc golf parks, music show and more. If history is what you crave, then one of the many museums will be a fun time. There is no lack of things to do at the Lake.
10. Relax! Last but not least if you just need to slow down and relax, Lake of the Ozarks is the place to do it. If all you do is sit outside and take in the beauty of the rolling hills and Lake, you will find a relaxation. You can pick any resort, hotel, motel, condo, campsite, or a bed & breakfast and just sit outside and enjoy the beauty.
If you have been to the Lake before, then we don’t have to remind you to visit again. If
you have never been to Lake of the Ozarks, pack up and enjoy a weekend or longer if
your schedule allows. To make the most of your Lake experience, you can request or
view the Official Vacation & Service Guide at www.funlake.com/vg or visit